In 2016, a new law entered into force in France, prohibiting the selling and distribution of non-biodegradable-polyethylene-based disposable bags with thickness lower than 50 microns. Consequently a French converter decided to invest in a new project which includes the purchase of a Bandera SmartFlex® Bio line for the production of biodegradable and compostable bags mainly made in plant origin polymers.
Bandera has always been sensitive to environmental care and continues to support it with a strong dedication. This is evident in our collaborations with suppliers of biodegradable and compostable materials and in the sale, especially in Western Europe, of equipment processing bioplastic-based materials, such as corn starch and PLA (polylactic acid).
Besides biodegradable film, this line can also produce thermo-shrink, lamination & converting and general packaging film. The equipment, which will be installed in the French region of Rhône-Alpes, can get a net film layflat up to 2200 mm (already trimmed), a thickness range from 15 to 200 μm and an output up to 400 kg/h with a Ø 300 mm die.
Line main components:
- 12-component batch dosing system
- 1 extruder Ø 65 mm for core layer and 2 extruders Ø 50 mm for side layers
- Co-extrusion 3-layer die head with Ø 300 and 180 mm dies and IBC system
- High efficiency dual lip cooling air ring
- Automatic film thickness measuring and adjusting system
- 2 bubble guiding cages
- Rotating haul-off 2400 mm roller face width with gusseting boards and flattening device with rollers and wooden slats (pneumatically driven device to insert one of the two systems alternatively when needed)
- Web centre guide
- Double station back-to-back winder with surface/combined modes
- Tower frame for rotating haul-off
- Line control with Bandera IoE Internet of Extrusion® software
For further information, please contact Mr. Marco Serra, Senior Sales Area Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org